Hi --

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Neil Stevens wrote:

> My my my, this to_splat discussion is going on a long time.  This seems
> to be yet more confirmation of the bike shed effect: that "the amount of
> noise generated by a chance is inversely proportional to the complexity
> of the change."

I'm sorry you find it to be noise.  There's a pretty long history of
great care being taken, by Matz, in the choosing of names for Ruby
methods, and of a lot of discussion, hopefully at least a good bit of
it of interest to Matz, surrounding those decisions.  I can't quantify
the effect of all of this, but Matz's work has been astonishingly
good, and as long as he keeps signalling that he's interested in our
input, I'll assume that it's helpful to him for us to provide it.

David

--
                   David A. Black | dblack / wobblini.net