I would think this is tricky for compatibility (there is definitely code relying on it), but let's see.

Feature #15574: Prohibit to pass a block on super() implicitly

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
* Target version:
As described in [Feature #15554], `super()` (not `super`) pass the given block.

```
class C
  def foo
    p block_given?

class C1 < C
  def foo
    super   #=> true
    super() #=> true

C1.new.foo{}
```

`super` (without parameters) passes all passed parameters so it is no surprise to pass given block.

However, `super()` (with parameters. In this case, it passes 0 parameters) also pass given block implicitly.

I'm not sure who use this behavior, but I think it is simple to prohibit such implicit block passing.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/