Issue #15573 has been reported by mrkn (Kenta Murata).

Feature #15573: Permit zero step in Numeric#step and Range#step
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15573

* Author: mrkn (Kenta Murata)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
* Target version:
Numeric#step disallows zero in the 2nd argument, but it allows zero passed as the value of `by:` keyword argument.  I confirmed that this inconsistency exists since 2.3. I want to allow zero in the 2nd argument, too.

Moreover, Range#step disallows zero if a block is given.  I want to relax also this restriction.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/