Issue #15550 has been reported by MSP-Greg (Greg L).

Bug #15550: RubyGems bin files - from two to one...
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15550

* Author: MSP-Greg (Greg L)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.7.0dev (2019-01-19 trunk 66872) [x64-mingw32]
As I recall, ruby-loco is no longer touching the gem related files located in the bin folder.  Previously, there were two files associated with each gem, one with a .cmd/.bat extension, one without.

Currently, there is just one file with a .cmd extension.  I have seen this before, and just came across it again, where gems are using *nix scripts run with either the MSYS2 shell or the Git shell in their CI.  Hence, there is an expectation for the plain (extensionless) file to exist.

Not sure if this is considered a breaking change or a bug/issue.

Thanks, Greg

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/