Issue #15523 has been updated by mrkn (Kenta Murata).

@sawa Please tell us how can we get both the end-value of the exclude-end range and the last element of the sequence generated by the range if your proposal were accepted?

Feature #15523: `Range#begin` and `Range#end`

* Author: sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
My understanding is that `Range#begin` and `Range#end`'s features are just subsets of `Range#first` and `Range#last`, respectively. And since they are slightly confusing with the keywords `begin` and `end`, I propose to either:

* Let `Range#begin` and `Range#end` be aliases of `Range#first` and `Range#last`, respectively, or
* Let `Range#begin` and `Range#end` be obsolete after a migration path of waning against their use and recommending the use of `Range#first` and `Range#last` instead.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/