Objection.

I understand that "your problem" is confusion between a keyword "begin" and "Range#keyword".  First, I have never been confused by the fact.  Then,

> * Let Range#begin and Range#end be aliases of Range#first and Range#last, respectively, or

This does not solve your problem at all.

> * Let Range#begin and Range#end be obsolete after a migration path of waning against their use and recommending the use of Range#first and Range#last instead.

Your problem looks too weak to me to deprecate an existing feature.

Off-topic: Could you please make the title informative?  "`Range#begin` and `Range#end`" doesn't tell me what is a problem or proposal.  I never say this to a newbie, but you have already opened hundreds of tickets.

Feature #15523: `Range#begin` and `Range#end`

My understanding is that `Range#begin` and `Range#end`'s features are just subsets of `Range#first` and `Range#last`, respectively. And since they are slightly confusing with the keywords `begin` and `end`, I propose to either:

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/