macdevign (Macdevign mac) wrote:

> Given that string "between" extraction is such a common operation,

Can you back that up with some additional information/data? For example, do you know other programming languages that have such a function/method?

I haven't had the need for such a method, and use cases I can think of very quickly need additional or different parameters (such as xth occurrence, between (Regexp) patterns rather than simple strings, before or after a string,...), which suggests to me that solving this specific problem with the general regular expression functionality already in Ruby.

Feature #15496: Extract between string as standard String api