Issue #15376 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Status changed from Assigned to Closed

Thank you for the answers. I've started improving the README for the matrix gem according to this info.

Bug #15376: Default gems: how will it work exactly?

* Author: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
* Assignee: hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA)
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
* Backport: 2.4: UNKNOWN, 2.5: UNKNOWN
Some standard libraries will be gemified in Ruby 2.6+.

1) I believe we need to provide documentation for this. The NEWS file doesn't have much at all. The respective READMEs also have no relevant information and are misleading (see https://github.com/ruby/ostruct/pull/6). I'll be glad to write an initial draft if need be, with the answers to the following questions...

2) Can we play with this right now? Maybe publishing prelease versions of these libraries?

3) Has this been tested with `Gemfile` and  `gemspec`, i.e. it will be possible to add a specification for one of these?

4) What is supposed to happen if one does `gem install ostruct` in Ruby 2.5 (with current bundler, and with future bundler)?

5) Will it be possible to use these in `Gemfile`s even with older Ruby (but recent `bundler`), so one could say `gem 'ostruct'` in a Gemfile and run `bundle install` in Ruby 2.5 without things exploding?

6) Depending on 4/5, shouldn't we specify a ` required_rubygems_version` and/or ` required_ruby_version` in the gemspecs?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/