Issue #15481 has been reported by zverok (Victor Shepelev).

Bug #15481: Update NoMethodError/NameError docs
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15481

* Author: zverok (Victor Shepelev)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
* Add missing `receiver:` to `NoMethodError.new`;
* Document `receiver` and `private` argument of `NoMethodError.new`;
* Add explanations/examples about receiver to `NameError.new`;
* Reformat both methods call-sequences in a modern way (`KeyError.new` already looks like this, so I took the liberty)

PS: In general, I believe that all method call-sequences should be, if possible, formatted in a "modern" way:
```
# bad:
new([msg, *, name [, args [, priv]]])
# good:
new(msg=nil, name=nil, args=nil, private=false, receiver: nil)
```
Some exceptions are, probably, legacy (pre-keyword-argument) methods with odd call-sequences, like `Kernel#system` which has optional FIRST argument, and described as:
```
system([env, ] command, ...)
```

no-method-error-receiver.patch (1.63 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/