Issue #15474 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

There is some documentation at:

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/MJIT#Basic-usage

I believe Takashi and others may update that page every now and then.

To the suggestion of a new environment variable:

- I have no particular pro or con opinion; to me it seems fine but I think this
has to be decided by Takashi, matz, the ruby core team etc...

If I understood you correctly you refer to RUBY_JIT as an additional option to
RUBYOPT, right? Again, I have no preference, I just want to make the proposal
itself more accurate when possible. (It may help the ruby core team decide
on the proposal; I assume it may be that RUBYOPT might suffice.)

The example given on the wiki-page is this by the way:

    RUBYOPT="--jit"

I think people may not easily find the page as of yet. I have bookmarked it
locally so that I can find the page easily and not forget it. :)

Misc #15474: Running Rails with jit