Koichi Sasada <ko1 / atdot.net> wrote:
> On 2018/12/15 6:32, normalperson / yhbt.net wrote:
> > We should experiment a bump allocator for temporary allocations which
> > behaves like the stack, but does not get marked by GC.  VALUEs will continue
> > to be allocated on normal C stack, but non-VALUE stuff can go to the
> > unmarkable machine stack.
>
> memory space for alloca()?

Partially, but non-alloca structs also add up, too.  The
select()-based auto-fiber had trouble because of select_args and
rb_ensure_list_t sizes, so I needed to move some allocations around.

rb_ensure_list_t overhead is only for callcc, anyways, so maybe
we can also have a lightweight version of rb_ensure when we
don't have user code which may call callcc.  We use
rb_ensure for sleeping in queue/mutex/waitpid/... and other
places which never switch stack with callcc.