Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-cvs:18323] ruby: * eval.c (splat_value): use "to_splat" instead of "to_ary" to"
    on Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:51:05 +0900, Mathieu Bouchard <matju / artengine.ca> writes:

|Reminds me of "List Context" in Perl.
|I thought that pretty much everybody was against that feature of Perl.

Hmm, even if to_splat remind you list context in Perl, it does not
mean to_splat is bad.  Could you explain how to_splat be bad?

|Maybe it's not so much like List Context, but still, it looks like
|hairsplitting: why would one make a distinction between making an array
|and... making an array?

to_a was too general.  All enumerable objects (and even more) have
to_a method.  to_ary was too narrow.  Only array compatible objects
have to_ary.  I wanted something in between.

							matz.