> I like solutions for real problems, not imaginary.

The `map(&method(:local_method))` or `yield_self(&method(:local_method))` pattern is absolutely real and very useful. My point was, we have plenty in our current codebase (and no, they are not "you just need to wrap collection items", my example was exaggerated for the illustrative purposes).

And I can definitely say it brings value for code design and clarity, and will be even more so with `map(&.:local_method)` syntax.

Feature #13581: Syntax sugar for method reference