> Just an opinion

It is funny how when you show some imaginary code, quick-written just to illustrate the point of a language feature, people tend to discuss this code's design approaches instead.

Yes, obviously, in the situation like "several consecutive, algorithmically complex methods working on the same collection" it is _typically_ wise to just wrap collection items. But that has _absolutely_ nothing to do with the point of my example.

Feature #13581: Syntax sugar for method reference

* Author: americodls (Americo Duarte)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Some another programming languages (even Java, in version 8) has a cool way to refer a method as a reference.

I wrote some examples here: https://gist.github.com/americodls/20981b2864d166eee8d231904303f24b

I miss this thing in ruby.

I would thinking if is possible some like this:

~~~
roots = [1, 4, 9].map &Math.method(:sqrt)
~~~

Could be like this:

~~~
roots = [1, 4, 9].map Math->method