Issue #15281 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Thanks for the patch.

Sadly, I don't think we can do that as `Set`s are ordered. That optimization would change the order of the resulting `Set` in some cases.

Feature #15281: Speed up Set#intersect with size check.

* Author: RGBD (Oleg Zubchenko)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Current implementation computes set intersection s1 & s2 in O(s2.size) time.
It can be reduced to O([s1.size, s2.size].min) time.

Additional speedup comes from using #each instead of #do_with_enum.

See files attached for benchmarks.

[Pull Request](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2003)

P.S. using benchmark-ips gem

intersect.rb (1.91 KB)