takashikkbn / gmail.com wrote:
> > 2. Get rid of MJIT worker thread and rely on SIGCHLD + non-blocking waitpid. I don't know the portability problems in Windows, though.
>
> It sounds interesting and it could be reasonable since the major time of JIT is taken for waiting for C compiler process. But we already achieved a complete support of mswin MJIT and I'm reluctant to reduce the portability.

I think we'll have to support non-blocking/event-based waitpid
in Windows for auto-fiber/Thread::Light, anyways.  So making
MJIT worker thread be a Ruby Thread (or Thread::Light) would
allow it to hook into process.c APIs.  I don't think the
existing code is too far off from being able to support
Windows...