Issue #15152 has been updated by Durrell (Durrell Chamorro).

It turns out the Ubuntu computer was freezing due to an unstable overclock of the RAM. Perhaps the thread crashed because my code or a library I'm using is not thread safe.

Bug #15152: Thread Crashes

* Author: Durrell (Durrell Chamorro)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.5.1 and 2.4.4
When I run my rails test suite with the parallel_test gem a thread crashes. The test suite completely passes when I don't run the tests in parallel and it also works fine when I run unit tests in parallel, but if I run enough system tests with rspec using Capybara driven by Selenium using Chrome on a Puma server I always get a crash. On my Mac I'm able to use my computer after the crash, but my Ubuntu 18.04 computer completely freezes up and I have to force it to restart.

ruby_2018-09-23-153311-1_Durrells-MacBook-Pro.crash (121 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/