duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp wrote:
> What I was wondering is: Why do things get stuck in a case
> where the Timeout isn't actually invoked (as far as I
> understand). Shouldn't the program just move ahead? Any
> background information on what may be happening and why is
> appreciated; it may help me contribute to the solution.

I'm actually not sure how things worked at all under 2.5 for
Windows with Cygwin; just trying to give you a code path which
resembles the 2.5 code paths.

Perhaps @usa or another Windows expert knows how interrupts work?

Is there something which shows system call traces which could be
useful in diagnosing this?

/me goes afk again for a while...