Issue #15152 has been updated by Durrell (Durrell Chamorro).

I don't know if this is relevant, but the Ubuntu computer is a liquid cooled Threadripper with 16 cores and 48 gigs of RAM, whereas the Mac is a Macbook Pro with 4 cores and 16 gigs of RAM. Somehow the much more powerful computer freezes and the Mac does not.

Bug #15152: Thread Crashes

* Author: Durrell (Durrell Chamorro)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.5.1 and 2.4.4
When I run my rails test suite with the parallel_test gem a thread crashes. The test suite completely passes when I don't run the tests in parallel and it also works fine when I run unit tests in parallel, but if I run enough system tests with rspec using Capybara driven by Selenium using Chrome on a Puma server I always get a crash. On my Mac I'm able to use my computer after the crash, but my Ubuntu 18.04 computer completely freezes up and I have to force it to restart.

ruby_2018-09-23-153311-1_Durrells-MacBook-Pro.crash (121 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/