You can use Google translation to read the original. It produces
somewhat decent translation for most of it except image diagrams ;-).

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://i.loveruby.net/ja/rhg/
book/

It's a good start, however if you want to truly understand Ruby
internals, there's no better way than study the source code.

Mike Dvorkin
http://www.rubywizards.com