If you are not concerned about the unlikely possibility of
breaking existing code that relies on the current behavior of
__FILE__ and __LINE__, then I think what you've already done
in CVS will be fine.

What are __FILE__ and __LINE__ in this new CVS version?
Are they still reserved words?  Kernel methods?

- brent