Ana, I watched the video of [your EuRuKo talk](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUc8InwoA-E).  I could understand the background of your proposal.

However, I'm now getting confused.  I thought you agreed that `Array#union` should be non-destructive, but in your talk you explained it was a destructive union operator.  What are you driving at?

Feature #14097: Add union and difference to Array

* Author: ana06 (Ana Maria Martinez Gomez)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Currently there is a concat method in ruby which does the same as +, but modifying the object. We could introduce a union and difference methods, which would be the equivalent for the `|` and `-` operators. This operators are normally less used due to lack of readability and expressivity. You end seeing thinks like:

```
array.concat(array2).uniq!
```

just because it is more readable. When it could be written like:

```
array |= array2
```

But, as this is not clear for some people, the new method will solve this problem:

```
array.union(array2)
```

And now this is clean and readable, as everybody expect from Ruby, the language focused on simplicity and productivity. ;)

Can I send a PR? :)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/