Issue #15017 has been reported by jreidinger (Josef Reidinger).

Feature #15017: Provide extended information about Signal
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/15017

* Author: jreidinger (Josef Reidinger)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Hi,
I see that ruby already use sigaction for signal handling on linux. It would be really nice to extend it to provide also signal details in siginfo_t and then provide such details in ruby via Signal module (as additional param beside signal number for block). Use case is quite simple. Our ruby application is killed by sigint and we do not know who send this signal. We already catching signal and logging as much as possible, but without siginfo we are very limited. We do not know ff it is OOMKiller due to low memory, systemd or something else. This additional info in siginfo allows us to log a much more details when such signal appear and inspect process that send us this signal. This is useful especially on customer side where we do not have direct control and we get only logs from failed run.

If you need more info or help with example usage, do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks
Josef

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/