Hi,

In message "Re: RCR: Add __file__ and __line__ methods to Method and Proc classes"
    on 03/02/28, Brent Roman <brent / mbari.org> writes:

|However, since my goal is to support an IDE that will simply
|find the definition's text for the developer to edit or view,
|just exposing the information already in the parse tree
|in the current implementation is perfectly adequate.

Understand.  So choices are either:

  * make eval("[__FILE__,__LINE]", proc) work, which I already did in
    the latest CVS.

  * add methods to Proc and Method to tell file name and line number.

Of course, the latter is cleaner.  The point is that whether it is
worth adding two C implemented methods.

							matz.