eregontp / gmail.com wrote:
> The question then becomes: What happens when Guilds land?

We will probably match arenas to Guild count dynamically;
depending on whether the program uses Guilds or not.

glibc checks arena_max whenever a new thread allocates memory
for the first time, so arena_max doesn't need to be frozen at
Ruby startup.

I don't know about ko1's timeline, but glibc releases every
6 months (Aug and Feb); and Carlos's willingness to accept
URCU use in glibc is increasing my interest in contributing
to glibc to fix malloc problems for all GNU users :>