Issue #14718 has been updated by andresakata (Andr Guimares Sakata).

Got it, thanks @fweimer.

I did run a test with **jemalloc 5.1** and I've got the same results as you did.

```
Min.   : 242.9
1st Qu.:1593.5
Median :1737.7
Mean   :1691.5
3rd Qu.:1860.0
Max.   :2127.9
```

Remembering my previous results below.

**glibc 2.19**

*Sorry about the too old version here... but in my tests using glibc 2.23 I've got similar differences between glibc and jemalloc 3.6.*

```
Min.   :143.3
1st Qu.:1606.7
Median :1801.5
Mean   :1677.5
3rd Qu.:1943.0
Max.   :2158.4
```

**glibc 2.19 MALLOC_ARENA_MAX=2**

```
Min.   :143.0
1st Qu.:608.3
Median :608.8
Mean   :592.5
3rd Qu.:618.3
Max.   :671.2
```

**jemalloc 3.5**

```
Min.   :113.5
1st Qu.:356.7
Median :374.8
Mean   :376.0
3rd Qu.:407.4
Max.   :645.2
```

Feature #14718: Use jemalloc by default?