repeatedly / gmail.com wrote:
> With jemalloc 5.1.0, ruby 2.4.4 failed to initalize timer thread and it causes broken runtime, e.g. signals are ignored.

> This problem has been reported in jemalloc issue. See
> https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/issues/1006

I think we need to backport r58874 to 2.4.  Can you file a
backport ticket? (too tired to open browser, even w3m :P)

Increased TSD (aka TLS/thread-local-storage/thread-specific-data)
usage in jemalloc will be a problem with tiny stack size used by
timer thread.  I made 58874 to 2.5 as a workaround for high TSD
use in libkqueue.

Also, I may have an idea to remove timer-thread completely, even
under contention...