> In my job, I have to do many math operations. And it's kind of a pain bec=
ause of integer division (3 / 2 =3D=3D 1). I have to constantly cast intege=
rs to floats.

  I'm not sure if this is better for your use case, but as an
alternative to conversions, we may use:

~~~ ruby
3.fdiv 2
~~~

> Would it be a good idea to always return a float when you divide two numb=
ers? I mean, 99% of the time you just want that. (The principle of least su=
rprise.)

  I think it may be subjective, 99=A0% of the time I do want integer
division=A0:-)