ashe / kivikakk.ee wrote:
> Are we still interested in pursuing something like this? I'd
> be happy to push it forward.

I'm not sure it's necessary, anymore.  Most programs and libs
already have workarounds at this point.  pthread_atfork can also
be the source of surprising behaviors (thread/async-signal
safety), so Austin group proposed _Fork function:
http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=62

> These callbacks should be called whenever fork() is used:

> - IO.popen
> - ``
> - Kernel#system

Furthermore, many platforms have vfork (it's possible to support
vfork without MMU) and we favor using that for process spawning,
so the following is unneccessary: