hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA) wrote:
> You can commit it only github or MRI repo(SVN).

Good to know, so contributing to the gem's GitHub repo or directly in MRI are both supported?

> When you did commit code to github repo only, I merge them to MRI repo each week or month.
> (The case of MRI to GitHub is same instructions.)
>
> I'm developing a merge tool between github and MRI repo [...]

This sounds a bit similar to the synchronization with ruby/spec.
For ruby/spec I preserve all history from downstream repos (MRI, JRuby, TruffleRuby) when importing to ruby/spec, and in the other direction I update specs as a single commit in downstream repos.
Maybe https://github.com/ruby/mspec/blob/master/tool/sync/sync-rubyspec.rb can be useful as a base for your merge tool.
Feel free to take any code from there, it's all written by me :)

Feature #5481: Gemifying Ruby standard library