Takashi Kokubun <takashikkbn / gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's unfortunate MJIT cannot be tested without installing and I expect it to be fixed before 2.6.
>
> This is due to r62262. Nobu only knows the intention but I understand
> it's for security (i.e. prevent reading an unexpected malicious file
> relative from the current directory).

I would expect us to use an environment variable or command-line
switch (perhaps with RUBYOPT) to allow testing to work.

mkmf works fine with everything in ext/ without install, so I
expect mjit to work, too.  I will let Nobu figure it out.

> I also heard that using --enable-load-relative flag allows to use the
> header in the build directory (actually I didn't test it, so not sure
> if it works). So it can be a workaround if having
> --enable-load-relative is fine.

load-relative seems to work, but that leads to a bigger problem:
it can break my normal runtime ruby installation when I'm hacking
on the source tree I install from.