Issue #14884 has been updated by GardenTools (Garden Tools).

Hi Greg,

> Assuming you're running from a cmd/ps shell.  Looking at the first few lines of the script, it may also run with a bash shell...

The difficulty is running from bash, which finds 'rake' (and becomes confused when it tries to run it). Calling rake.cmd does work but that then loses portability to *nix platforms of the invocation of rake. Chopping out everything above the #! makes the invocation of 'rake' work.

That said I see what you mean about the rest of the content of that file though - having the content of bin/rake simply be
`#!/usr/bin/ruby
require "rake"
Rake.application.run`

(the same as it is on linux) works for win32 ruby invoked from either cmd or msys2's bash.

Bug #14884: msys2 mingw32 'rake' has unexpected text at top of file