Issue #13733 has been updated by yuki24 (Yuki Nishijima).

I like this idea, but I may be missing something. Could anyone have any objections or points that we are not aware of?

Feature #13733: Dump the delegator instead of the delegated object

* Author: huynhquancam (Cam Huynh)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
I would like to let Delegator dump itself instead of the delegated object.

Let's consider the following scenario.

~~~
require "delegate"

class Foo < Delegator
  def initialize(the_obj)
    @the_obj = the_obj
  end

  def __getobj__
    @the_obj

foo = Foo.new(nil)
foo.inspect
# nil
~~~

This dump message might cause confusion because foo object itself is not nil. Why don't we be clear and have a dump message like "foo is an Foo class with nil as the delegated object"?

I have submitted an PR on https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1653 for your reference.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/