Issue #14680 has been updated by kddeisz (Kevin Deisz).

This patch is adding `-@` and `+@` to array and hash, mirroring the logic of string's version of those methods. So for `-@` if the array or hash is already frozen, it just returns the object, otherwise it returns a frozen copy of it. The opposite for `+@`.

Feature #14680: Adding +@ and -@ to hash and array

* Author: kddeisz (Kevin Deisz)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Since we have `-@` and `+@` for strings and it's very useful (and reads better than `.freeze`) I'd like to propose adding the same API to hash and array. Especially with constants, linters are always telling me to freeze them, and I'd like to be able to accomplish that with `-@`. I've attached the necessary code to make that happen.

freeze.patch (3.86 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/