Issue #14382 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

File 0001-Make-public-access-of-a-private-constant-call-const_.patch added

nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) wrote:
> In the case it is accessed from an inherited class, the receiver class/module may differ from class/module which defines the constant as private.
> So I think that the hook method will need another parameter.

Attached is an updated patch against current trunk with an additional test showing use with nested constants, where the superclass calls `private_constant` and the subclass accesses the constant publicly.  It shows that `const_missing` is still called on the subclass in that case, which I think is the most consistent behavior as that mirrors how `method_missing` works.

If this isn't the behavior you would expect in this case, can you please explain what behavior you expect?

Feature #14382: Make public access of a private constant call const_missing