On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> In message "Alternate GC ?"
>     on 03/02/12, Mathieu Bouchard <matju / sympatico.ca> writes:
> I have a generational GC patched Ruby 1.7.0 dated 2000-12-29.

The patch on masato's page is dated 2001-06-19.

> I think it is relatively easy to upgrade it to 1.8.0,

Possibly for you, but when I look at the patch's contents I see a lot of
GC_REFRESH lines added and I suspect there could be more of them needed in
newer Rubys in spots of the (new) code that I might not know at all. So
I'll leave it to someone more ruby-knowledgeable than me, unless such a
person tells me I won't have to make any non-obvious additions.

> if I can have spare time.

our common problem.

> Time, it's the most important factor.

words of wisdom.