why the lucky stiff ha scritto:

> The building howto will cover:
>
>  * autoreconf
>  * ./configure (including a brief --prefix explanation)

possibly one about --program-suffix too?

>  * make; make install
>  * adding ruby to your $PATH
>  * and, if no one objects, I'd like to point out ZenTest, which has a
>    multiruby tool for managing many different Ruby versions.

I would not object :)

Also, maybe you could add a note on unit tests?
Possibly a bullet point between "Add your improvements" and "Create a
patch"
that says "Check that all tests are still passing by running
"./ruby test/runner.rb", and it would be nice to have
one more guideline on the lines of:
"write tests to proof the existence of the bug you are fixing,
or to verify the feature you are adding".

Then, what about a note about documentation-only patches,
i.e. pointing out the ruby-doc ml ?