@nobu

> Why not `[chain.of.calculations, 0].max`?

Because this `chain.of.calculations` in reality could be something like

```ruby
[paragraphs
  .group_by(&:speaker)
  .map { |speaker, paragraphs| paragraph.sort_by(&:length).first }
  .sort_by { |para| para.words.count }
  .first.speaker.name.length, 3].max
```
Jumping to start and end of this super-huge array while writing and reading is a pain.

So, now I'll probably write something like

```ruby
paragraphs
  .group_by(&:speaker)
  .map { |speaker, paragraphs| paragraph.sort_by(&:length).first }
  .sort_by { |para| para.words.count }
  .first.speaker.name.length
  .yield_self { |len| [len, 3].max }
```
...which is OK-ish, but I never really liked how `[value, MIN].max` represents the idiom "limit this number to maximum possible value". The `[value, MIN]` somehow represents two values as equally important, while in fact one of them is "the main calculated value", and another one is "just one parameter of the calculation".

So, for me, this looks 200% better:
```ruby
paragraphs
  .group_by(&:speaker)
  .map { |speaker, paragraphs| paragraph.sort_by(&:length).first }
  .sort_by { |para| para.words.count }
  .first.speaker.name.length
  .clamp(3..)
```

Feature #14784: One-sided Comparable#clamp