Issue #14784 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

Considering that Ranges allow a ruby hacker to omit the end value,
for infinity/endless, I think your example makes sense in this
regard, e. g.

    begin .. end

being the same as:

    begin ..

or
    begin..

Perhaps also the converse, but I have to admit that
all these examples look very strange to my eyes. Like:

    clamp(..Date.today)

I always look at it as if something is missing. Personally
I prefer explicit "begin .. end".

The:

    clamp(min: 0, max: 10)

seems to be a nice API, in my opinion. At the least the names "min"
and "max" appear explicit and make sense (to me).

I agree, mostly for consistency, that if endless range has been
accepted, being able to do so via #clamp may seem a logical
continuation (to me). I am mostly neutral to the issue though,
as I do not (yet) use clamp in my own ruby code.

Feature #14784: One-sided Comparable#clamp