On 05/18/2018 10:55 PM, dennisb55 / hotmail.com wrote:
> Issue #14718 has been updated by bluz71 (Dennis B).
>

> Red Hat's prime focus will be their paying customers, which is the big end of town (quite rightly). Hence glibc changes tend to favour big-iron rather than Heroku-sized instances.

  I doubt that this accurately reflects the reality. Cloud is becoming
very important to Red Hat. OpenShift, for example, contains a lot of
Ruby code (e.g. Fluentd) which needs to work with very small memory
footprint. If you check openshift issues, you can find ones aimed to
decrease memory footprint for Ruby code.

Disclaimer: it is just my personal opinion which hardly depends on the
fact that I am a Red Hat employee.