the.codefolio.guy / gmail.com wrote:
> Overall, Sleepy GC gets 169.4 req/sec mean throughput with
> variance of 6.4, while the previous commit gets 177.0 req/sec
> throughput with a variance of 3.8.

Thanks for testing!  I think we will need to work on increasing
granularity of the steps.  The variance actually bothers me a
bit, more.

I'll have to work on increasing granularity of the marking and
sweeping (which may hurt throughput in apps without IO-wait at
all...).  And I won't be around much the next few days..

Also, our malloc accounting is silly expensive(*) and I think
we can do some lazy sweeping before making big allocations

(*) https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10238