And here you are the log https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vR2LdBE87iEcEsVuUUr0G2L6LxSPeGMg_0oeHeh0HYmX36iIa9zkWYlFHilH5D4I_RBJpQnr09yOZaE/pub

Misc #14698: DevelopersMeeting20180517Japan

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
Date: 2018/05/17 (Thu)
Time: 14:00-18:00 (JST)
Place: Cookpad Inc. (Tokyo, Japan)
Sign-up: https://ruby.connpass.com/event/85917/

Please comment your favorite ticket numbers you want to ask to discuss with your *SHORT* comment or summary.
(your summary/comment will help us because we don't need to read all of ticket comments)

*DO NOT* discuss then on this ticket, please.

From this time, we use a ticket to make dev-meeting agenda page instead of a wiki page <https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki>.

# NOTE

Dev meeting *IS NOT* a decision making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly.
Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue).
We will write a log about discussion to a file or to each ticket in English.
All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
The date, time and place is scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.

# Agenda

## Next dev-meeting

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14769

## About 2.6 timeframe

preview2 will be released RubyKaigi 2018 day 1 or 2

## From Attendees

* [Bug #14699] Subtle behaviors with endless range (mame)
* [Feature #14724] chains of inequalities (Martin)
  * Proposal by gotoken (Kentaro Goto) to allow `0 <= a < 10` as a shortcut of `0<=a && a<10`, and so on; patch by Nobu avaliable

(will be edited later)
(if you have a write access permission, please list directly)

## From non-attendees

* [Feature #14697] Introducing Range#% as an alias to Range#step (mrkn)
  * Matz already commented LGTM.  Please judge whether this is acceptable.
* [Feature #14724] chains of inequations (mrkn)
  * This new syntax can also reduce the duplicated evaluations of common terms, such as `timeval.tv_sec` in the descriptiohn of the proposal.

Functional programming: (zverok)
* [Feature #6284] Add composition for procs
  * 6-year-old proposal. Matz: "Positive about adding function composition. But we need method name consensus before adding it? Is `#*` OK for everyone?"
* [Feature #13581] Syntax sugar for method reference
  * 1-year-old proposal. Matz: "I am for adding syntax sugar for method reference. But I don't like proposed syntax (e.g. `->`). Any other idea?"
* [Feature #11161] Proc/Method#rcurry working like curry but in reverse order
  * 3-year-old proposal with absolutely no reaction. I've added real-life examples there several months ago.
* [Feature #14390] UnboundMethod#to_proc
* [Feature #14423] Enumerator from single object (`Object#enumerate`)

Misc:
* [Bug #14575] Switch `Range#===` to use `cover?` instead of `include?` (zverok)
* [Feature #14473] Add Range#subrange? ( greggzst )
* [Feature #14097] Add union and difference to Array ( ana06)
* [Feature #14105] Introduce xor as alias for Set#^ ( ana06)
* [Misc #14760] cross-thread IO#close semantics (normal)

Docs (probably not to discuss on development meeting, but I am not sure where I can post it to have it more visible) (zverok):

* Method: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14483
* Proc: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14610
* MatchData: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14450
* yield_self: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14436

(will be edited later)
(if you have a write access, please list directly)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/