Issue #14680 has been updated by rab (Rob Biedenharn).

If `-@` is supposed to return a frozen *copy*, is that patch really doing that? The tests don't seem to ensure that. Do `rb_hash_freeze` and `rb_ary_freeze` make copies first or `.freeze` the given object?

Feature #14680: Adding +@ and -@ to hash and array

* Author: kddeisz (Kevin Deisz)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Since we have `-@` and `+@` for strings and it's very useful (and reads better than `.freeze`) I'd like to propose adding the same API to hash and array. Especially with constants, linters are always telling me to freeze them, and I'd like to be able to accomplish that with `-@`. I've attached the necessary code to make that happen.

freeze.patch (3.86 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/