Hello,

Thanks to let me know it is not the right place for such topic :-)

I would like to get the size of a TkFont.
It could be done with something like ...

require 'tk'
font = TkFont.new...
size = font.configure :size

... as it is descibed in the Tk documentation (configure with an
attribute without a value get the value of this attribute).

Unfortunately, this code returns the font object instead of the size
attribute.
It is confirmed in the configure_core_tk8x method in
ext/tk/lib/tk/font.rb file (line 1328) :

def configure_core_tk8x(font, slot, value=None)
  self
end

So my question : is it possible to fix this issue or there is another
(specific ruby) way to get the font attributes ?

Thanks and regards,
Lionel Maiaux