Hello, this is my private feeling so please don't take this as a canon.

I think it's a good idea to make the meeting more open. To do so several technical issues are there to be fixed.  First, there is no extra staff to welcome you right now -- like we don't have crew to livecast our meeting.  You might say it's okay to be "best effort".  But the developers at the meeting are there to discuss the issues.  They are not there to make "effort" on that point.  Second, I think there are chances for us to welcome only one person but very skeptic if it works for, say, 20 people.  The meeting obviously does not scale.  What to do then? We have to select someone by something?  That doesn't sound well.

That being said, I think it's a good idea to make the meeting more open.  The problems I wrote above exist but they are only being technical I believe.  I hope we can reroute them... Maybe we can't make them for tomorrow meeting though.

Misc #14698: DevelopersMeeting20180517Japan

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
Date: 2018/05/17 (Thu)
Time: 14:00-18:00 (JST)
Place: Cookpad Inc. (Tokyo, Japan)
Sign-up: https://ruby.connpass.com/event/85917/

Please comment your favorite ticket numbers you want to ask to discuss with your *SHORT* comment or summary.
(your summary/comment will help us because we don't need to read all of ticket comments)

*DO NOT* discuss then on this ticket, please.

From this time, we use a ticket to make dev-meeting agenda page instead of a wiki page <https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki>.

# NOTE

Dev meeting *IS NOT* a decision making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly.
Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue).
We will write a log about discussion to a file or to each ticket in English.
All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
The date, time and place is scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.

# Agenda

## Next dev-meeting

## About 2.6 timeframe

## From Attendees

* [Bug #14699] Subtle behaviors with endless range (mame)
* [Feature #14724] chains of inequalities (Martin)
  * Proposal by gotoken (Kentaro Goto) to allow `0 <= a < 10` as a shortcut of `0<=a && a<10`, and so on; patch by Nobu avaliable

(will be edited later)
(if you have a write access permission, please list directly)

## From non-attendees

* [Feature #14697] Introducing Range#% as an alias to Range#step (mrkn)
  * Matz already commented LGTM.  Please judge whether this is acceptable.
* [Feature #14724] chains of inequations (mrkn)
  * This new syntax can also reduce the duplicated evaluations of common terms, such as `timeval.tv_sec` in the descriptiohn of the proposal.

Functional programming: (zverok)

* [Feature #6284] Add composition for procs
  * 6-year-old proposal. Matz: "Positive about adding function composition. But we need method name consensus before adding it? Is `#*` OK for everyone?"
* [Feature #13581] Syntax sugar for method reference
  * 1-year-old proposal. Matz: "I am for adding syntax sugar for method reference. But I don't like proposed syntax (e.g. `->`). Any other idea?"
* [Feature #11161] Proc/Method#rcurry working like curry but in reverse order
  * 3-year-old proposal with absolutely no reaction. I've added real-life examples there several months ago.
* [Feature #14390] UnboundMethod#to_proc
* [Feature #14423] Enumerator from single object (`Object#enumerate`)

Misc:
* [Bug #14575] Switch `Range#===` to use `cover?` instead of `include?` (zverok)

Docs (probably not to discuss on development meeting, but I am not sure where I can post it to have it more visible) (zverok)

* Method: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14483
* Proc: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14610
* MatchData: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14450
* yield_self: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14436

* [Feature #14473] Add Range#subrange? ( greggzst )

* [Feature #14097] Add union and difference to Array ( ana06)
* [Feature #14105] Introduce xor as alias for Set#^ ( ana06)
* [Misc #14760] cross-thread IO#close semantics (normal)

(will be edited later)
(if you have a write access, please list directly)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/