Issue #14763 has been reported by sunnyrjuneja (Sunny Juneja).

Feature #14763: Allow more Enumerable methods to accept method names as symbol arguments
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14763

* Author: sunnyrjuneja (Sunny Juneja)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Enumerable has a short hand which accepts method names as symbols.

```ruby
(5..10).reduce(:+) #=> 45
```
I'm proposing we allow the same functionality for #any?, #all?, #find, #reject, #select, #one?, #find_index. I'm requesting this because when I did this earlier today and it did not meet my expectations:

```ruby
[2,4,6].all?(:even?) #=> false
```

* Any risk of incompatibility?
I don't believe so. As of now, #any? accepts an argument and compares using ===. The following is current behavior:

```ruby
[Symbol].any?(:even?) #=> false
[:symbol].any?(:even?) #=> false
[].all?(:even?) #=> true
```

Thanks for consideration of this request. I've used Ruby for 6 years and this is my first feature request. I understand if it is not a high priority or interesting to the maintainers. I am happy to try to add an implementation if it is interesting.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/