Issue #14753 has been reported by pocke (Masataka Kuwabara).

Misc #14753: Add documentation for "into" option of optparse
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14753

* Author: pocke (Masataka Kuwabara)
* Assignee:
This patch adds an example code for ``into`` option into the optparse documentation.
``into`` keyword argument has been added with https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby-trunk/repository/revisions/53444 . However documentation for usage of the option does not exist.

I have two purposes.
Firstly, I'd like to add an example for the option. ``into`` option is very useful, but I guess many people do not know it. So I think we should add an example for it.

Secondly, I'd like to add an example that has ``on`` method calls without a block.
The documentation does not have an example that has ``on`` method call without a block. So I cannot know usage of ``on`` method without a block from the documentation.
So I usually wrote ``on`` method with a block. It is redundant.
For example:

```ruby
require 'optparse'

params = {}
OptionParser.new do |opts|
  opts.on('-a VAL') { |v| v } # It is redundant.
  opts.on('-b VAL', &:itself) # It is redundant also, and I feel it is not non-intuitive.
  opts.on('-c VAL')           # It is cool!
end.parse!(into: params)
p params
```

patch (992 Bytes)