normalperson (Eric Wong) wrote:
> We will depend on distros to enable/disable the dependency on it.

Yes.  This is what I wanted to ask.
Since almost all people use distros' package of Ruby, the final decision is left to distros.
This is because I'm unsure what is changed by this feature.
Why don't you ask distro maintainers to use `--with-jemalloc` for their packages?

(Don't get me wrong: I'm never against jemalloc nor this feature.  I'm purely unsure.)

Feature #14718: Use jemalloc by default?