On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 12:16:19AM +0900, Justin Bailey wrote:
> It might be useful if the provided a list of tags and the version they
> match up with for patching (i.e. if you want to patch 1.8, use tag X.
> If you want to patch against 1.9, use tag Y). I have submitted a patch
> against 1.8 but I don't think I used the right version and my patch
> still sits untouched on RubyForge.

The only two relevant tags right now are RUBY_1_8 and HEAD, but I will
definitely see that these get altered or updated with new tags in the future.

> Maybe even providing an example of the patching process would help?
> I.e. How to check out, how to create the diff, and where to go to
> submit it. Suggestions if the patch should be multiple files or single
> files would help too.

A diff command is given:

  diff -wur /dir/to/ruby-1.8-unpatched /dir/to/ruby-1.8-patched

And the URL to Rubyforge bug tracker as well:

  <http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=426&atid=1698>

(It's the first link in "Improving Ruby, Patch by Patch".)  Are you saying it
might be nicer as an ordered list, steps 1 to 3 sort of?  Okay, I'll see about
this.  Thankyou!

_why