Issue #14718 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

bluz71 (Dennis B) wrote:
> Some programming languages do ship with the own allocator source. If Ruby did the same with jemalloc it would not be out of the ordinary. Personally I would want to enable it by default for all Unix-like system (not just Linux).

It should definitely not be the default for all Unix-like systems.  On OpenBSD using jemalloc by default would be considered an exploit mitigation countermeasure.  jemalloc may have better performance, but different operating systems have different priorities, and certainly on OpenBSD we would want to use the system malloc to benefit from security features like guard pages, canaries, free checking, and free unmapping.

Feature #14718: Use jemalloc by default?